Monday, July 14, 2014

PLAYING

Most days I love just playing with my baby girl - whether it be helping her along as she tries to stand, reading her favorite books (over and over again),  rattling/shaking/tapping/pushing around all her toys, or just being plain silly by doing mini airplanes and having tickle--me-Huntley-fests. But then there are those moments... I'm not talking about those moments when you just want to get away. No, I'm just talking about those moments when you need to get something done and you just want her to sit and play by herself (next to you), or have her be entertained in her jumper/baby walker (next to you) - so that you can finally get to make/prep TiedinTwine headband orders, check/respond to emails, pay/file bills & other important mail things that are now cluttering the countertops, or do the dishes, or laundry, or mopping, or scrubbing the toilet, or dusting, or any other household chore for that matter... However, I know this is just a phase and I am very lucky to have one great happy bouncy baby who may sometimes struggle when I'm not there, but otherwise is already so well-behaved. Huntley is newly a six month baby, and although she seems more advanced/taller/bigger she is still an infant that needs my constant attention, love and affection. I always have to remind myself that I am needed and enjoy being needed, it won't always be like this and she won't always be a baby.  So for now, I will wait 'til everyone is asleep to tidy up the house, even if that means I only sleep for an average of five hours so that I may straighten up the house, fold/iron laundry, wash the dishes, etc., etc. all in preparation for another day of play with my baby girl! 











No comments:

Post a Comment