Tuesday, July 1, 2014

IT'S A GIRL!

When I was about 13-14 weeks pregnant Tanner and I decided that we would try to find out the sex of our baby, I know this is a bit early, but both of our sisters were able to find out the sex of their babies during this time so we thought we'd give it a try. We went to one of those peak-a-boo imaging centers at the mall and we were so excited anticipating the sex of our baby!

But before I tell you the story, I must add, we both had gut feelings that I had a little girl in my belly... but were told numerous times that we were having a boy from family members to random strangers because of how I was carrying or whatnot - so we were very prepared to here - it's a boy!

We get into the imaging center at the mall and after 15 minutes of circling my belly, we learn... that the tech was only 80% positive that it was a girl, because baby was very shy and kept covering all her private parts from the ultrasound machine. Now 80% was not enough of a solid answer for us and left us questioning the whole experience... we both went home wondering whether this 80% actually meant we were actually having a girl and instead of being excited, we were both left confused. 

By the 15th week I had found myself buying all girl stuff and felt pretty solid about us having a girl. At this point I was counting on having a girl going into the imaging center this second time, until we got there and baby was still covering her private parts. I spent 30 minutes in the room doing yoga, jumping jacks, dancing for my husband and tech, only to find out that the tech was still not 100% certain....at that point Tanner and I just called it - baby has to be a girl!

I think about all the gender reveal parties, ideas (balloons coming out of boxes, cutting into cakes, etc.) and sometimes regret not doing those things, but in the end I'm glad that I experienced the moment with just my husband. I don't know if I could've gotten over the shock with people around us.

Here I leave you with our photos we took (when we had an 80% idea that we were having a girl)... the fact that we shot these photos just proves how solid we were about having a girl. (first photo shows my baby blanket and my husband's)























No comments:

Post a Comment