Friday, June 13, 2014

FOR THE LOVE OF PHOTOS AND CREATIONS

For those that know me, I am a lover of photography! I wish I had the talent to shoot such beautiful photos as many of my photographer friends do, but I don't. However, I am a creative type! Even in my professional life I worked in "creative" services, and now as a a newly stay at home mom, I am still creating! 

As a hobby - I don't ever call it a job, because I love it so much - I am a wedding coordinator! What can I say, I am a lover a beautiful things, and "love" has got to be the most beautiful of things! I started Love of Whimsy Events in 2011 and took break during my second trimester of pregnancy and so on, but I am ready to get back at it! If you follow me on Pinterest www.pinterest.com/tiffanyjenwall you'll notice that I am pretty obsessed with all things wedding related! I've worked over a dozen weddings - all of which were garnered by word of mouth, friendly referrals, or even by my photographer friends! 


And on that note, let me tell you about my love of photography! If I can't shoot the photo why not make the photo! I love creative aspect of photography and all themes, props, places, things that you can use to create a photo! My husband gets on my case all the time about photo shoots, but I can't help it, I'll find any reason to have a photo shoot! (we had over 5 engagement shoots...lol) I'm the kind of person that can't even go camping, hiking, an amusement park, the beach, or anywhere for that matter - without thinking "wow, this would make a great photo shoot set," or coming up with an idea to decorate the house with.


Since I haven't been able to use my creative juices lately, I decided to start a little mommy business creating floral crowns, headbands, and bows. It all started when my husband and I took our baby girl Huntley out to dinner and she was wearing a fabric bow I had made tied in twine. A fellow new mommy had stopped me on the way to the restroom to ask where I bought Huntley's headband and suspected it was bought on Etsy. After I told her that I made it, she suggested I sell them on Etsy and that she would "totally buy it!"


On the way home, I decided to give it try but not only through Etsy but also through Instagram, since I'm already so active. Now I have my little shop @TiedinTwine and love seeing all the beautiful babies and ladies modeling their Tied in Twine handmade floral crowns, headbands, and bows! 

    
Thank you for reading my first post!

I will leave you with a few photos from Huntley's 3-month photo shoot as I am currently working on her 6-month shoot coming up here soon. (@TiedinTwine floral crowns, of course!)











No comments:

Post a Comment